Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bags are packed and we are ready to go. There are 4 suitcases and two carry on bags. We are just about ready to head out. I can't believe it. We will soon be united with our daughter.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Where Was I???

OK, breath. I have been going non-stop since we got the news that we are leaving on September 23 to pick up our daughter. Plane tickets are boughts, suitcases brought up from the basement, laundry getting done, packing has begun, and somewhere in all this chaos I was even able to try some Ethiopian food, although I have to say I am not a huge fan. We have been extremely busy getting everything ready for this trip of a lifetime, but I have to say I am lovin' every minute of it.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What Speed Bump?

Just when I thought things were going to get delayed, they actually sped up. Today we received new travel dates. September 23. We are leaving to pick up our daughter in two weeks. TWO WEEKS!!!!

Turns out the blunder on our court decree really isn't that big of a deal, it was only a translation error and our agency is having it fixed. We were also notified of an earlier opening for travel and our specialist suggested we go for it!!!!! It all has to do with our expiration dates on paperwork at the US Embassy in Ethiopia and even though it seems tough pulling this trip together in two weeks, it could be more of an issue if we wait and go in October.

Needless to say, there are lists, lists, and more lists of things to do, errands to run, even a "honey do" list for Randy. My mind has been racing since we heard this news today.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Uh Oh...Speed Bump.

We were moving right along in the right direction to finally pick up our daughter. Birth certificate received, medical exam at the embassy cleared, we even received tentative travel dates; then we hit a speed bump. Friday our specialist emailed me a copy of the court decree which was issued by the Ethiopian judge and much to my dismay I noticed it used words like "he" and "his". I immediately contacted my specialist to see what this all means. Unfortunately, at this point, no one seems to know. Worst case scenario, the judge will have to issue a new court decree. However, they are still on their holiday until October so that means a definite travel delay. Best case scenario, it doesn't matter and we can leave it as is. Of course this had to happen on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend so we won't know anything until sometime later this week. I have never been so anxious in my life for a weekend to finally be over.