Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm Still Here!

OK, so I am not a very good blogger. I admit it. It has been almost a month since my last my post. I promise I will try to do better in the future. It's been a crazy month. I went back to work, Nevaeh started daycare, there were the holidays, and we celebrated Nevaeh's first birthday. There have been many firsts and a lot of changes.

Let's start with work and daycare. On December 21 I went back to work after being home with Nevaeh for 12 weeks. To be honest, I thought it was going to be harder than it was. It was a nice week to start again as it was a short week due to the holiday. The week after there was New Years so that was a short week as well. It was a nice time to get my feet wet again. It also helps that Nevaeh is doing so well at daycare. She is interacting great with all the other kids and her teachers just adore her. One day she came home with the cutest little puffs in her hair. It was so adorable and I don't know how they got her to sit still long enough to do it. I couldn't even get her to sit still long enough just to get a picture of her new "do".

The holidays were wonderful and it was nice to start some new traditions as a family. Nevaeh had so much fun opening gifts but as a typical almost one year old she was more interested in the paper and the cardboard than the actual gifts themselves. Here she is modeling one of her presents.

On January 9, 2010, Little Miss Nevaeh turned one. We celebrated with a birthday party and she was Princess for the day. Of course she is a princess every day but on this day she wore a crown, and of course she had her own birthday cake.



We have been home almost 4 months now and we are all adjusting quite well. Nevaeh is growing and her development is right on track. She is crawling really well now and she is walking around furniture. She is now beginning to use words such as hi, bye, mama, and dada and she is constantly waving.

I can't even imagine what life was like before she was with us. We are truly blessed!

1 comments:

Stefani said...

Good to hear from you and see your beautiful girl! Glad things are going well.